Friday, January 16, 2009

MyFirstLove

As the loud chants and screams filled the gym i find myself looking at the scoreboard, it reads holy cross down two points to notre dame. and my eyes are locked on the final free throws hoping only that the pressure that is put on him overwhelms him. and when he missed both, my heart started beating slower. as the noise got louder i found my ears got more deaf. my full focus on the basketball knowing that holy cross has only one possession to tie or win game.  The three ball goes up in the air and misses, as the buzzer rings my heart isn't only broken because we lost, but because i realized how much i miss the game itself.  I played basketball for 15 out of 18 years of my life.  bringing me back to childhood when my dad bought me my Fischer price basketball hoop.  Teaching me everything from fundamentals to discipline.  I miss the close games, the championships, knowing your playing with the best in the province.  I'm a competitive person, i was just raised like that.  All the sweat and tears i put into basketball could fill swimming pools. and as i look back to what i know will be my glory days, physically all i have is a bad ankle a couple trophies, medals, and player of the game t-shirts. But in the mindset, basketball molded me to who i am today.  Now that its over i realize how much i actually got out of it.  Putting hard work towards something you love is more than worth it.  and looking back now, watching the little guys that looked up to my team, watching them do it just like we did. Man thatll make a grown man cry. i miss the game. ill always love it.

3 comments:

  1. You joined the blogging "bandwagon" and I can see that you already enjoy it? (Prove me correct if I'm wrong)

    I read your other 2 entries and yenno what I think?

    ...you should've started blogging ages ago. You got some wisdom articulated into your speech nigga!

    Kudos.

    I am now your loyal reader (or creeper haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I feel you on this entry about basketball. Brings back the most bittersweet nostalgia, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you never told me you had a blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete